Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today's Movie marathon

I've decided to go for a movie marathon this afternoon. 4 movies in a row!

Thriller movies have always been good to watch and gives me a satisfaction of watching a movie! But somehow I feel an aversion to watching thriller movies today. I feel like watching some drama or documentaries or even animation movies today. So I made a list of 10 movies out of which I've selected 4.


The movies that I considered for screening were:

1. Forrest Gump
2. Mona Lisa Smile
3. Spirited Away
4. Brokeback Mountain
5. Rabbit Hole
6. Eat Pray Love
7. Julie and Julia
8. Falling in Love
9. Tangled
10. Rachel Getting Married

And my final list is:

1. Brokeback Mountain


As I said, I wanted to watch a different movie with some good performances and a different story in it. I chose this movie purely based on critical reviews and awards list. Hope it does have a good story to tell.

2. Rabbit Hole

Basically I am a Nicole Kidman fan, and so I finalized this movie just like that after looking at Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings which were pretty impressive. She won so many awards for this movie and was also nominated for Academy awards- Best Actress. So I'am sure this critically acclaimed movie will not disappoint me.

3. Julie and Julia



Generally, I like to watch multiple stories that are connected in a single movie. One such movie that I enjoyed watching was "The Hours". At the end of such movies I always think, "Isn't that amazing that you are not part of just your own story, but also related to someone else's?"
Hoping that the two stories in this movie also will be interesting.

4. Tangled


Animation movie for a happy ending :)

I am sure I will be missing good stories from the other movies that I have not selected. But I am sure to watch the rest later.

Oh! It's already 2 pm. Movie marathon starts now....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was fun to watch back to back movies in a row after a long time! All movies were good in their own way.

Brokeback Mountain show-cased even the complex relationships really well. It just didn't concentrate on two men who were involved in a relationship, but also the women who loved their husbands. But one needs patience to watch the entire movie as it has too much of dialogues than action. Although I rate it as 8/10.

Rabbit Hole was my favorite in the list. It focuses on how a relationship of a young couple could be affected when they lose their son in an accident. The couple try hard to save their relationship without falling apart, but they have to undergo emotional stress. I rate the movie as 8.5/10.

Julie & Julia managed to twine lives of Julia, a famous cook, and Julie, who wrote a blog about Julia and her cookbook. Minute details portrayed in their lives sound so familiar to me as if I had experienced them. Well, in the end after watching this movie, my indulgence in cooking got higher by a unit of scale :) I rate the movie as 6.5/10.

Tangled is a typical fairy tale but it doesn't disappoint anyone as it is full of action. It conveys the story just right. Eagerness of Rapunzel to watch the outside world was portrayed really well that I felt joy when she was finally able to watch the floating lights. I rate this movie as 7/10.

I am planning for one more marathon sometime next week as this one was successful. Thinking of what movies to watch....


SSN

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis :)
    nice range of movies u have selected !!!
    include these in ur movie marathon list :)

    1. Out of Africa
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Schindler's List
    4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    5. Leon: The Professional
    6. American Beauty
    7. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    8. Crazy Heart
    9. The River Wild
    10.The Shawshank Redemption

    i think those are few from the large collection of mine ;)
    watch these awesome movies ...
    from this, i think "The river wild" is the only fast moving movie !
    all other s kind of slow but real good stories !
    worth watching !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arjun,

    Thanks for the interesting list... :)

    -SSN

    ReplyDelete